SOURCE: RAUNAK KUNDE / NEWS BEAT / IDRW.ORG
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has issued an Expression of Interest (EoI) for the development of a 40mm High Explosive Anti-Personnel (HEAP) Grenade for use with 40mm Under Barrel Grenade Launchers (UBGL) and Multiple Grenade Launchers (MGL) with Local Private companies/industries that has local manufacturing facilities.
The HEAP Grenade is designed to provide anti-personnel lethality up to more than 5 meters from the point of explosion with adequate hit density. It is fitted with a reserve battery-based advanced Point Detonating and Self-Destruction (PDSD) Fuze.
Key Features of the HEAP Grenade:
- Compatible with in-service 40mm UBGL and MGL weapons held by the Indian Armed Forces
- Range: more than 375 meters
- Muzzle Velocity: 76±3 m/s
- Fuze: Electro-mechanical type with self-destruction feature
Benefits of the HEAP Grenade:
- Increased anti-personnel lethality
- Enhanced hit density
- Improved accuracy
- Extended range
Scope of Work:
The scope of work for the development of the HEAP Grenade includes:
- Design and development of the grenade body
- Development of the warhead
- Integration of the fuze
- Testing and evaluation of the grenade
NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of idrw.org in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes. Websites doing illegal reproductions will get DCMA and Legal Notices.