You dont have javascript enabled! Please enable it!


The Defence Acquisition Council, led by the Union defence minister, recently approved the Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) to procure 307 Advanced Towed Artillery Gun Systems (ATAGS). Pune-based Bharat Forge has also confirmed that the contract may be finalized later this year, pending the opening and evaluation of commercial bids to determine the manufacturer for 60% of the guns, while the remaining 40% will be allocated to another manufacturer.

Bharat Forge and Tata Advanced Systems, both private sector companies, are the production partners for the ATAGS, which has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Once the contract is concluded, the Indian Army will receive 75 guns per year, resulting in the formation of four ATAGS gun regiments annually.

In multiple phases over the years, both companies are expected to manufacture a minimum of 1,500 additional ATAGS guns. Bharat Forge has expressed readiness to produce one gun per day if it secures bulk orders for the remaining guns.

This procurement of ATAGS marks a significant step toward enhancing the artillery capabilities of the Indian Army. The deployment of these advanced artillery systems will contribute to bolstering the country’s defensive capabilities and ensure a more robust artillery force.

NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes