SOURCE: RAUNAK KUNDE / NEWS BEAT / IDRW.ORG
The Indian Army’s arsenal against invisible enemies just got a major upgrade. Mahindra Defence Systems Ltd (MDSL) and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have joined forces to develop a state-of-the-art Wheeled CBRN (8×8) vehicle, currently undergoing rigorous testing. This impressive machine promises to be a game-changer in India’s ability to detect, identify, and neutralize chemical, biological, and radiological (CBRN) threats.
The Wheeled CBRN (8×8) is a formidable beast, designed to navigate even the harshest terrains with its powerful 600 hp engine and 8×8 wheel configuration. Its robust chassis houses a suite of cutting-edge technologies, making it a one-stop shop for CBRN reconnaissance and mitigation.
Tech Arsenal for Threat Detection:
- CBRN Instruments: The vehicle boasts an array of sensors and detectors, including RADMAC for radiological detection, ACADA for chemical agent identification, and BWA Detector for biological warfare agent identification. This comprehensive suite ensures no threat goes unnoticed.
- Remote Scooping Device: To safely collect samples from potentially contaminated areas, the vehicle deploys a remotely operated scooping device, minimizing risk to personnel.
- Advanced Land Navigation System: Never getting lost is crucial in CBRN missions. The vehicle’s advanced navigation system ensures precise positioning and route planning, even in challenging environments.
Protection and Mitigation:
- Auto CBRN Protection System: The crew remains safe within the vehicle’s airtight cabin, equipped with filters and overpressure systems to ward off any contamination.
- Area Marking and Sample Collection: The vehicle facilitates efficient area marking and sample collection for further analysis and threat neutralization.
- Communication Link Controller: Seamless communication is vital during CBRN operations. The vehicle’s dedicated communication system ensures clear and reliable information exchange.
Compared to its contemporaries like the German Fuchs and American Stryker, the Wheeled CBRN (8×8) holds its own. Its powerful engine, comprehensive sensor suite, and advanced protection systems make it a formidable contender in the global CBRN defence landscape.
The Indian Army has already expressed its intent to procure 49 units of the Wheeled CBRN (8×8), highlighting its confidence in this indigenous marvel. With its advanced capabilities and robust design, this vehicle promises to be a crucial asset in safeguarding India’s borders and citizens against the ever-evolving threat of CBRN warfare.
NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of idrw.org in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes. Websites doing illegal reproductions will get DCMA and Legal Notices.