You dont have javascript enabled! Please enable it!


Indonesia’s Ambassador to India, Ina H. Krisnamurthi, has expressed interest in acquiring BrahMos shore-based anti-ship missiles, marking a significant development in the defense ties between the two nations. This announcement comes after advanced discussions between India’s BrahMos Aerospace and Indonesian authorities regarding a potential deal.

Earlier this year, Atul D. Rane, the CEO of BrahMos Aerospace, revealed that the company was in advanced negotiations with Indonesia for a deal worth an estimated $200 million to $350 million. The proposed agreement would involve the supply of shore-based BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles and a version suitable for mounting on warships.

Negotiations have been progressing, and it is expected that the deal will be finalized in 2024. Price negotiations are a key part of the ongoing discussions between BrahMos Aerospace and Indonesian officials.

BrahMos Aerospace, a joint venture established in 1998 through an inter-governmental agreement between India’s state-run Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroyenia, has been a remarkable success story in the field of defense cooperation between the two countries. The joint venture focuses on the development and production of the BrahMos missile, renowned for its speed, precision, and versatility.

The BrahMos missile is known for its supersonic speed and versatility. The name “BrahMos” is derived from the names of two prominent rivers in India and Russia, the Brahmaputra and the Moskva. This joint project benefits from India’s 70 percent local content and Russia’s contribution of the remaining 30 percent, primarily in the form of components related to the ramjet engine.

The potential procurement of BrahMos shore-based anti-ship missiles by Indonesia highlights the increasing defense collaboration between the two nations and the trust placed in India’s defense capabilities. This deal could strengthen Indonesia’s maritime defense capabilities and further enhance the strategic partnership between the two countries.

NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes