SOURCE: RAUNAK KUNDE / NEWS BEAT / IDRW.ORG
The Indian Army has issued a Request for Information (RFI) for the outsourcing of Overhaul-II of Tank T-72 including the provisioning of major assemblies/sub-assemblies and spares. This is a well-planned and comprehensively executed activity, to neutralize the effects of age, usage and restoration of the equipment to a near zero-hour, zero-kilometre state of operational readiness.
The purpose of this RFI is to identify prospective vendors (DPSUs / Private Indian Vendors) to undertake the Overhaul-II of Tank T-72 on a complete outsourcing model and facilitate the preparation of a Request for Proposal (RFP). All DPSUs and Private Indian Vendors are eligible to respond to this RFI and participate in this project.
Scope of Work
The scope of work includes the following activities:
- Stripping of the tank
- Removal of assemblies
- Stripping of the repairable assemblies
- Inspection of the components of repairable assemblies
- Repair the assemblies by replacing the worn-out parts
- Replacement of assemblies with new ones that are not repairable
- 100% replacement of parts that have limited shelf-life/life (gaskets, seals, rings, bearings, fasteners, washers etc)
- Testing of assemblies
- Integration in tank
- Testing of systems of the tank
- Testing complete tank and Quality Assurance by Buyer, by the governing specifications.
The Bidder will be required to carry out all of the above processes as per governing specifications and process schedules.
The outsourcing of Overhaul-II of Tank T-72 is a critical step towards ensuring the operational readiness of the Indian Army’s tank fleet. This RFI is an opportunity for DPSUs and Private Indian Vendors to showcase their capabilities and expertise in this field.
The Indian Army is committed to providing its soldiers with the best possible equipment and support. The outsourcing of Overhaul-II of Tank T-72 is an example of this commitment.
NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of idrw.org in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes. Websites doing illegal reproductions will get DCMA and Legal Notices.