SOURCE: IDRW.ORG TEAM
At the recent ‘International Conference and Exhibition on Aerospace and Aviation in 2047’, organized by the Aeronautical Society of India to commemorate its 75th year, a significant milestone was unveiled – India’s indigenous development of submarine-launched cruise missiles. This breakthrough achievement showcases India’s growing prowess in the realm of advanced defense technologies.
The DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization) has developed two variants of these submarine-launched cruise missiles: the Land Attack Cruise Missile (LACM) and the Anti-Ship Cruise Missile (ASCM). These missiles are designed to provide India’s naval forces with a versatile and potent offensive capability, capable of striking both land and sea targets with precision and stealth.
Key features of these missiles include:
- Range: 500 kilometers, enabling them to reach targets deep within enemy territory or at sea.
- Length: 5.6 meters (Cruise), making them compact and maneuverable.
- Diameter: 505 millimeters, further enhancing their stealth capabilities.
- AUW (All Up Weight): 975 kilograms, providing a balance between range and payload capacity.
- Speed: 0.7 Mach, enabling them to strike targets with high speed and effectiveness.
- Navigation: INS/GPS with RF Seeker at Terminal phase, ensuring accurate guidance throughout the flight path.
- Warhead: PCB (Penetrating Compartment Bomb) & Airburst, offering flexibility in targeting and maximizing impact.
- Propulsion: Solid Booster followed by Turbo fan sustainer, providing efficient and reliable power for the missile’s journey.
- Fuel: 165 kg Jet A1, ensuring adequate fuel capacity for the missile’s range.
In a successful trial conducted in February 2023, these missiles met all mission objectives, achieving a range of 402 kilometers. This trial demonstrated the missiles’ operational readiness and their ability to deliver precision strikes against targets at extended distances.
The development of these indigenous submarine-launched cruise missiles represents a significant leap forward in India’s defense capabilities. These missiles provide India’s naval forces with a formidable offensive option, enhancing their ability to deter and defend against potential threats. With their advanced features and proven performance, these missiles are set to play a crucial role in safeguarding India’s national security.
NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of idrw.org in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes. Websites doing illegal reproductions will get DCMA and Legal Notices.