You dont have javascript enabled! Please enable it!


The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) under DRDO has achieved a significant milestone in the development of India’s indigenous 5th-generation fighter jet, the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA). Dr. Samir V. Kamat, Secretary DD(R&D) and Chairman of DRDO confirmed that the crucial process of stealth shaping for the AMCA has been finalized.

Dr. Kamat emphasized the importance of shaping in achieving low radar cross-section (RCS), a defining characteristic of stealth aircraft. He explained that roughly 70% of a fighter jet’s stealth capability stems from its shaping, with the remaining 30% contributed by specialized materials.

To achieve the desired level of stealth for the AMCA, DRDO is actively researching and developing various advanced materials. This includes radar-absorbing materials (RAM) to minimize radar signature, infrared-reduction materials to manage heat emissions, and even exploring the potential of radar-absorbing structures for a holistic approach.

Dr. Kamat further reassured that significant progress has been made on the materials front as well. Material development and testing, including radar cross-section measurements for the finalized AMCA shape, have been successfully completed. He expressed confidence that the AMCA will achieve the targeted low RCS performance expected of a 5th-generation fighter jet.

This news marks a major step forward in India’s quest for an indigenous stealth fighter jet, enhancing the AMCA’s survivability and lethality in modern air combat scenarios.

NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes. Websites doing illegal reproductions will get DMCA and Legal Notices.