SOURCE: RAUNAK KUNDE / NEWS BEAT / IDRW.ORG
The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) has taken a significant step in advancing the capabilities of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Air Force Mark 2 (MK-2) by issuing tenders for the Design, Development, Qualification, Supply, and Integration of a Low-Profile Head-Up Display (HUD). This critical development marks a milestone in enhancing the avionics systems of the LCA AF MK-2 aircraft.
The Scope of Work (SOW) outlined in the tender document delineates the responsibilities of both ADA and the selected vendor in this endeavour. The key points within the tender include:
- Design and Development: The chosen vendor is entrusted with the design and development of the Low-Profile HUD, aligning it with the specific requirements of the LCA AF MK-2 aircraft. This encompasses a comprehensive approach covering Mechanical, Electrical, Hardware, and Software aspects. Safety considerations are paramount throughout this phase to ensure the reliability and security of the HUD.
- Qualification and Integration Testing: The vendor is mandated to conduct thorough Qualification and Integration Testing of the Low-Profile HUD. These tests are conducted with a dual purpose: to validate that the HUD meets the stringent performance specifications and to ensure seamless integration into the aircraft’s cockpit environment.
- Compliance with Technical Specification: The entire design, development, and testing process must align with the Technical Specification of the Low-Profile Head-Up Display (Smart-HUD), as detailed in Report No. ADA/AWSD/HUD/TS/01, Version No. 2.0, dated April 2022.
- Ground Rig and On-Aircraft Testing: Rigorous testing procedures are required both on the ground rig and on the actual aircraft. These tests serve as critical validation steps to confirm that the HUD performs as intended and fulfils the specified performance criteria.
- Adherence to Timelines: The vendor is expected to adhere to the stipulated time schedules outlined in the contract. Punctuality and timely execution of the project are essential to ensure the LCA AF MK-2 aircraft’s avionics enhancements proceed smoothly.
NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of idrw.org in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes