SOURCE: RAJESH AHUJA / FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG
After having scrapped the contentious Article 370 and downgraded J&K state by dividing it into two Union territories, the Modi government now seems to be preparing for Phase-II plans for complete integration of the Jammu and Kashmir right before the second death anniversary of Article 370, and Article 35A, with that has started fresh rumors that are causing certain levels of anxiety among not so pro India level Kashmiri politicians in the valley.
Delimitation Commission that is tasked with redrawing parliamentary and assembly segments of the union territory has been boycotted by all mainstream Kashmir-based parties of the Valley and the delimitation commission that is now busy with the process of redrawing parliamentary and assembly segments in the 20 districts of the UT. Several high-profile meetings between the Home Minister and LG of Jammu and Kashmir in New Delhi indicate that lines have been redrawn and soon it might be made public and just like clam before the storm of 5th August, things are being done at the local level in a hush-hush manner to handle any possible violence or protests once it is announced.
Some of the major rumors afloat in J&k (unverified)
- 100 Companies of CRPF have been slowly moved in the last few weeks for deployment
- South Kashmir region might be merged into Jammu.
- Significant steps to be taken to end Kashmir’s hold over Jammu.
- J&K to be elevated to statehood
- Jammu might be the only Captial city of the new State.
- Jammu to be elevated to statehood and Kashmir to remain a separate UT
- Kashmiri Pandits to get resettlement colonies in Anathang district
- Jammu region to get a majority in the composition of the Assembly.
- Shopian, Anantnag, and Kulgam districts might become separate districts
Disclaimer : Articles published under “ MY TAKE ” are articles written by Guest Writers and Opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. IDRW.ORG is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of IDRW.ORG and IDRW.ORG does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same. article is for information purposes only and not intended to constitute professional advice .
Article by RAJESH AHUJA/, cannot be republished Partially or Full without consent from Writer or idrw.org