Archives

SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

India’s Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) a fifth-generation aircraft program is envisaged to be produced by an SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) ) which will comprise in addition to HAL and DRDO and some major private industries for which a new company is likely to be announced by end of 2022 said informed sources close to idrw.org. AMCA project will have 75% government funding in the form of ‘Grant-in-Aid’, remaining 25% of the project cost will be borne by Indian private entities that are selected for the program.

HAL will have the biggest shareholding pattern in the new consortium that will come up soon for which talks with interested Indian private entities are being held. some major private industries like Tata Defense, Larsen & Toubro, VEM Technologies, and Kalyani group have shown keen interest in joining the AMCA program either as Tier-I or Tier-II companies as part of its supply chain for the program.

AMCA program will get a new production plant, that will be coming up near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor for which land has been identified for the project, but the first Two Technological Demonstrators and early Prototypes will be made at the present HAL facility in Bangalore before it is cleared for production in 2029-30. ADA has estimated the AMCA program to be around 15000 crores and the rollout of the prototype is scheduled for 2025-26.

ADA is in the process of sending the proposal of the AMCA for approval to the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) which once cleared will make the AMCA program official in the papers that can kick start the process to establish a Public-Private Consortium company that will handle AMCA program.

NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced without written permission of idrw.org in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copyright strikes